UNC offensive lineman won't return for senior year
Jun 4, 2009
North Carolina’s offensive line took a hit on Thursday when the school announced Aaron Stahl won’t return for his final year of eligibility in 2009. Stahl graduated in May with a bachelor’s degree in exercise and sports science.
“I appreciate everything Coach [Butch] Davis and his staff have done for me over the last two and a half years,” Stahl said in a statement. “I earned my degree from a great University, enjoyed living in Chapel Hill, and now it’s time for me to move forward with the next phase of my life.”
Stahl played in all 13 games last season and started six at either center or guard. He broke his thumb in the Miami game and switched to guard for the remainder of the year. He had offseason shoulder surgery in January and missed all of Carolina’s spring practices.
“I understand Aaron’s decision and appreciate all of his hard work and effort to make us a better football program,” said head coach Butch Davis. “He was a versatile player, and when he was injured last year, he helped the team by moving to another position.”
Most Recent Comments
RE: UNC offensive lineman won't return for senior yearThis post is silly. If he were a career bench warmer, I would give your obviously inflammatory statement some merit. However, if you read the blog, this was a player who started half of the teams games last season and saw time in all of them. Butch Davis isn't pushing anyone who is capable of starting and contributing out the door.
RE: UNC offensive lineman won't return for senior yearWas this truly Stahl's decision?
Davis has over recruited and has to trim his roster numbers. Cutting Stahl makes room for one of the players that exceeds the 85 scholly limit.
Perhaps this is another case of the Butch Davis waiver wire.