ECU names AD search committee
Posted January 17, 2013
Greenville, N.C. — East Carolina University Chancellor Steve Ballard has named a 14-member search committee that will recommend candidates to replace Terry Holland as the school's director of athletics.
Ballard will chair the committee, which is comprised of board of trustees members, university administrators, athletics department staff and others with ties to ECU, the school said Thursday in a release.
The committee will hold its first meeting on Jan. 23 at 2:30 p.m.
Holland, who came to ECU from Virginia in 2004, announced his plans on Dec. 12 to step down from his position and move into an athletics director emeritus role.
The following are members of ECU's search committee:
- Robert Brinkley (BOT member)
- Edwin Clark (BOT member)
- Carl Davis (Former ECU Foundation member)
- David Dosser (Professor)
- Billy Godwin (Baseball coach)
- Henry Hinton (Vice-chairman, ECU Foundation)
- Bob Lucas (BOT Chairman)
- Bobby Owens (BOT member)
- Matthew Paske (SGA president)
- Marilyn Sheerer (Provost)
- Danny Scott (BOT member)
- Rosie Thompson (Associate Athletics Director)
- Lee Workman (Associate Athletics Director for Administration)