RE: Coastal Division Champs Thread #2
I heard some of these on local sports radio today.- Posted by Tar Heels Victory-GO HEELS
1. Why are people bum-hurt over UNC's claim, which is factually correct
2. This is just a recruiting ploy (Which I stated in another thread).
3. What UNC did is NOT a violation. They were told that they could not play in the game, but nothing was mentioned about claiming to be Coastal Division Champs!
4. UNC was punished for their violations and are not getting over on the ACC or NCAA by making this claim.
5. People should be making jokes about it instead of getting angry.
6. State has a banner in the PNC celebrating the 1972-1973 Regular Season undefeated team, that could not participate in the NCAA Tournament due to sanctions.
Did State claim any championships for 72-73?